Here's a quick overview of the technical specifications of the Flo System.
Above ground and accessible main water supply line
Main water supply line must be 1¼ inch or smaller
Standard power outlet
Smartphone (iPhone or Android)
Please contact email@example.com for any questions related to installation requirements.
In the box
1 Flo device
The heart of our system. Installed on your main water supply line, Flo monitors water flow, pressure, and temperature in real time, runs automatic Health Tests to detect vulnerabilities, and can automatically shut-off the water if a problem is detected.
2 Threaded brass tailpieces
These brass tailpieces will be used to connect your Flo device to your water supply line. In the instance that you need to remove your Flo device, these will also be used to connect the Spacer.
3 Power supply
Flo requires a 12v power supply and the cord has a water resistant seal. Make sure to push the connector all the way into the device to ensure it has a good connection and seal.
4 Spare O-Rings
These rings help seal the deal with Flo. When installing the device make sure these are properly lubed and placed to create a seal between the device and your connection hardware.
The spacer can be used during the installation process to ensure there’s no damage caused to the Flo device while fitting and leveling the pipes. It can also be used to replace the Flo unit in the instance that there’s a malfunction or issue with the device and to allow for normal water usage to the home. So make sure to hang on to it!
6 Hex key
The hex key can be used to manually shut-off/on the water supply. Place the key all the way into the green knob on the top of the device and push down until the knob won’t go down any further, then turn 90 degrees to the closed/open position.
7 QR code card (not shown)
8 Installation guide (not shown)
- Mobile App with real time notifications, water usage analysis, and goal setting features.
- Remote shut-off – from the mobile application, user has the ability to shut-off water wherever they are.
- Automatic shut-off – if Flo senses a catastrophic leak in the home, it will automatically shut off the water supply to prevent damage.
- Proactive 24/7 monitoring with preventative alerts to avoid catastrophic damage.
- Microleak™ technology – daily tests to ensure your plumbing (not including sewage line) are secure.
- Configurable alert and notification preferences.
- Water Pressure
- Water Temperature
- Water Flow Rate
The Flo device is certified for use on cold water service lines only.
- NSF/ANSI 61 – Drinking Water System Components – Health Effects
- NSF/ANSI 372 – Drinking Water System Components – Lead Content
- IAPMO IGC-349-2017 Electronic Plumbing System Integrity Protection Devices
- UPC – Uniform Plumbing Code
- IPC – International Plumbing Code
- State of Massachusetts Plumbing Board Approval
- cUPC – National Plumbing Code of Canada
- UL 60950
- UL 1310
- CSA C22.2 #223
- CE EN 60950
Flo System (Rated for Indoor and Outdoor Use):
- UL 1951
- CSA C22.2 No. 68
- CSA C22.2 No. 14
- FCC ID: PU5900-001 to CFR 47 Part 15 Subpart C
- RoHS – Directive 2011/65/EU Compliant
Flo warrants that the product will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the date of delivery following the original retail purchase (collectively, the “Warranty Period”).
1.90lbs / 0.8kg
- iOS and Android compatible
- WLAN Connectivity / IEEE 802.11bgn, 2.4 GHz frequency
- Powered via plug-in AC to DC transformer
- Power Supply: 12 VDC via 100-240V – 50/60 Hz switching type
- International Protection Marking IPx5 Rating
- Min temperature: 0°C / 32°F
- Max temperature: 50°C / 122°F
- Maximum ambient temperature: 140°F